By order of the Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the City of Burnaby
THE MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY of the PCC facility is limited to NO MORE THAN 220 people.
The Portuguese Cultural Centre is a non-smoking facility.
$1100.00 Main Hall Full Day and Evening, Monday to Thursday, Represents a 24 hour period 9AM to 9PM
$1600.00 Main Hall Weekend Rate, Friday Afternoon – Monday Morning
$430.00 Main Hall Only (under 4 hours) Monday to Thursday
$540.00 Main Hall Only (under 4 hours) Friday to Sunday
$220.00 Rental of tableware, additional changes for loss or breakage
$160.00 Janitorial Kitchen (mandatory)
$160.00 Janitorial Hall Only (mandatory)
$500.00 Damage Deposit Required at time of booking
Loss or breakage to utensils and tableware will result in the following charges per item.
$ 4.00 Side Plates
$ 4.00 Soup Plates
$ 2.00 Mugs
$ 3.00 Water Glasses
$ 4.00 Wine Glasses
$ 2.00 Utensils
$ 5.00 Dinner Plates
The Facility shall not be used for any other than that stated in the Rental Agreement.
Any change relating to the use of the Portuguese Cultural Centre will be charged in accordance with the Fee’s and Charges Bylaw and any amendments thereto, and will be payable upon signing the rental agreement.
The Renter shall ensure the safety of the facility and its equipment. If any items in the facility, including equipment, dishes, flatware, and stemware, is damaged or missing during the term of the permit, replacement and/or repair costs will be deducted from the renter’s damage deposit.
If the replacement/repair costs are higher than that of the damage deposit, the renter will be responsible for all costs over and above that amount.
The Portuguese Cultural Centre retains the right to cancel any event for emergency situations, or if the rental agreement is not adhered to.
The Renter agrees to be present at the event and is responsible for security, participant conduct, maintaining the facility in a clean condition.
The Renter indemnifies and agrees to indemnify and save harmless of the PCC in respect to and all claims, demands, suits and costs arising out of any act of omission of the renter or of any servant, agent or officer of the renter arising out of or resulting from the use of the facility.
The Renter will ensure that parking for the event/concert will not curtain access to the streets and neighboring properties.
Entertainment sound levels are subject to the City of Burnaby Noise Bylaw and shall not cause disturbance to neighboring area residents and businesses.
The Renter agrees not to conduct any business or activity that would violate any legislative provisions including the Criminal Code of Canada.
General Clean Up Instructions
We Hope your event will be a success and that your damage deposit can be returned in full. The PCC must be cleaned according to the following conditions in order to receive your full damage deposit.
- Before leaving, make sure all windows are closed, all lights are turned off, and the thermostats is returned to 55 degrees.
- All tableware and utensil used must be washed, dried and restacked into cases.
- All pots/pans used must be washed dried and put away where found.
- All equipment used must be reasonably wiped down.
Chairs and Tables
- Chairs and tables must be neatly stacked.
- Any decorations attached to any part of the interior and exterior of the building must be completely removed without damage to walls, ceilings or other finished.
- All floors must be swept.
- Any cigarette butts left outside the building must be removed.
- All garbage must be bagged, and the bags placed inside the front doors.
- All personal items must be taken out of the hall at the end of your rental period.
- Any damage to the PCC, grounds or equipment during the rental period must be immediately report to 604-873-2979.
Cleaning Supplies are in the Kitchen back area.
An inspection will be done prior to return of the damage deposit.
Hall Rental Request
Minim Order is 40 Servings
Served Buffet Style
The PCC is not equipped with a Phone, Renters are advised to have a cell phone in case of emergency.
Events involving alcoholic beverages of any kind require approval Please ask us for more information.
If you have questions, please e-mail [email protected].